What is Pico Projector?
Pico Projector is a hardware device of size as small as a mobile phone used to project content from a mobile phone, tablet, camera, laptop or any memory device. Their size gives everyone an option to carry a projector in their pocket wherever they go. Pico Projector has gained a huge value in the market. They were designed to erase the myth of the tale which states messy cables, large box are two terms which never leave projectors aside. A pocket sized mini projector projecting content on the go and eliminating the rough idea of messy cables and large box thrilled the market and garnered huge popularity.
You want to practice for your presentation and feel the tense atmosphere which you feel in those important meetings? You want to watch a movie with your friends at your own home without going to theaters? Do you want to watch a cricket match on big screen sitting on your couch? You don’t need to look any further ahead. You don’t need to carry a projector in your hand everywhere you go. You don’t need to fit in a projector in your house and take away any valuable space off the roof. All you need to do is to buy a Pico Projector.
Uses of Pico Projectors
- At home: To watch a movie or a family video on big screen together with family or friends. You can embed Pico Projectors with cameras to project family videos and enjoy the occasion or buy a movie and project it on a flat surface. A fun night is never far away when you have a Pico Projector in your pocket.
- Meetings: To project presentations, videos etc. For a regular office guy, presentations are always on their daily work schedule. They have to present ppts regularly, explain their marketing strategies and a Pico Projector would eliminate the space needed and make it more flexible to present these presentations.
- Portability: As portable media devices. Regular projectors require large space. There comes a point when you think of them as large boxes taking out your valuable space. Moreover, you are supposed to attach cables to these regular projectors making your experience worse – but now, you need not worry about messy cables or large boxes. Pocket sized dynamite eliminates all the unnecessary myths of regular projectors.
- Improving functionality: Attaching Pico Projectors to other electronic devices to enhance their functionality. For example, Pico Projectors are embedded with mobile phones or cameras or notebooks or memory devices to project videos enhancing functionality of these electronic devices. A big screen visual is always applauded.
- For Gaming: Pico Projectors can be used to enhance gaming experience. To understand importance of this use, you should consult a gamer. Playing NFS or Counter Strike on a big screen is dream come true. The experience in unreal; it’s like you can actually feel the action. You need not just play the game; you live in the game and feel the thrill. Pico Projectors guarantee you a thrill ride.
- Gesture Control: Pico Projectors when combined with webcams and laser pointers become a gesture control tool. You would be able to fully control any system using laser pointers by doing so. Moreover, there have been devices like SixthSense which have been developed to enhance hand gesture recognition.
- Projector Phones: You embed a Pico Projector with a mobile phone and then project a video or an image. However, technology is all about making life easier. What would happen if you could make a projector phone which directly projects a video or an image without need of an external Pico Projector? Projector phones allow to project photos and videos on flat surfaces increasing the reach of people who can view it.
Types of Pico Projectors
- Non-Embedded/Standalone Pico Projectors: This type of Pico Projectors stream a video on big screen with the use of any cable attached to it which streams the video signal aiding Pico Projector to project the display. In this case, Pico Projectors are connected to other devices using a USB or HDMI or any other cable. They are usually powered with batteries.
- Embedded Pico Projectors: In some cases, Pico Projectors are not used as Standalone Pico Projectors; they are embedded in an electronic device to increase the functionality of that device. They derive the power and required input to project an image or video. Most commonly used electronic devices are Mobile phones, laptops etc.
- Media Player: Pico Projectors which have inbuilt memory and card slots for external memory come under this category. This helps people to project videos and images using this memory scrapping off the need of an external system. This enhances the portability of Pico Projectors to a new level.
- USB Projector: There are some Pico Projectors which are connected to external systems via a USB cable to gain both power and input from it. This helps in increasing the portability of Pico Projectors and functionality of the device. As power is gained with the aid of external systems, this type of Pico Projectors do not have in-built battery in them. This is the reason why they are the smallest types of Pico Projectors. Lack of battery makes it small and increases its portability.
Technology used in Pico Projectors
Three major technologies used in developing and producing Pico Projectors are:
- Digital Light Processing (DLP): DPL uses white light source and filtering techniques to project content. DPL was brought into light by Texas Instruments. Tiny mirrors are used on chips to direct light from white light source. These mirrors handle the brightness level of each pixel on the target screen. The brightness level depends on how much long it’s on. These mirrors have two states: on and off, target pixel gets brighter and dimmer accordingly. These mirrors also control the colors of the pixel; this is achieved by using a color wheel. This color wheel is fixed between lights source and the mirrors. It splits the light into three colors: Red, Green and Blue which ultimately results in these mirrors controlling the color which needs to projected on the designated pixel.
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS): Small LCDs are used in LCoS projectors to control how much light is casted upon a certain pixel. Color Filter (CF-LCoS) and Field Sequential Color (FSC-LCoS) are two of the basic designs used to get color. Color Filter (CF-LCoS) uses 3 sub-pixels each with its own primary color to get color on the target pixel whereas Field Sequential Color (FSC-LCoS) uses color filter to split the image. The image is split for three main colors sequentially and faster LCDs are used to refresh it periodically for each color. Like DPL, white light source (Diffused laser or LED) is used to project content.
- Laser Beam Steering (LBS): Unlike DLP and LCoS, LBS projects used directed laser beams to project content. LBS projectors were developed by Microvision. Initially, three laser beams of different colors (RGB) are combined with the aid of optics and are guided using mirrors to project content. These laser beams create the image, one pixel at a time. Scanning the image at a faster rate (>60Hz) would help in getting rid of scanline effect. LBS projectors have their pros and cons compared to DLP and LCoS projectors. While LBS projectors are more expensive and would raise questions over eye-safety issues, LBS projectors consume less power, they are focus free and small sized compared to DLP and LCoS.
Pico Projector, despite being so useful they have hefty price attached with them. To curb your needs at a fair price, iCodis offers you wide range of Pico Projectors. However, it is in everyone’s nature to list out all the products they want to buy and know more about them. iCodis was formed to make customers get what they at a fair price. We always try to offer you the best deals. Our aim is to make you happy, which is why we have listed five of the best products. Watch the features and decide which Pico Projector will be best suited for you.
iCodis Best Pico Projectors Reviews
iCodis CB-100S Review:
A small sized powerful Pico Projectors which offers you tons of features. Portability of iCodis CB-100S makes it a device which you can use anywhere on the go. You can carry it wherever you want without wasting any valuable space. A sleek model which offers an amazing brightness level of 1000 ANSI lumens and comes wrapped in 480p resolution promising cinema like experience. iCodis CB-100S uses DLP technology to project content. One of the main reasons why iCodis CB-100S can be your choice would be that it has built-in Android OS in it. Presence of Android OS would let you stream videos from YouTube or Netflix without connecting it with any external system like Mobile phones or best Laptops. It has four ports: USB port, HDMI Out, Micro-SD and Auxiliary jack. These ports enables direct transfer of files and also checks right on the option of connecting you iCodis CB-100S with any external system. iCodis CB-100S advertises Endless Connectivity which is 100 percent true as it has a lot of input options such as Miracast, Wi-Fi, USB, Micro-SD, Airplay to make its appeal cater among masses. LED used in iCodis CB-100S has estimated 30,000 hour long lifespan along whereas its projection size ranging between 40-60 inches diagonally. Also, the keystone function offered by iCodis CB-100S helps you in making you fall for iCodis CB-100S even more. With the use of soft touch buttons provided on iCodis CB-100S lets you adjust size and orientation of pictures easily. It has built-in speakers of 8W. It has weight of 300gms and runs on built-in batteries.
iCodis CB-300W Review
You would not expect anything less from the successor of iCodis CB-300, and the best thing about it that it will not disappoint you one bit. It offers HD brightness of an amazing 3000 ISO/500 ANSI Lumens and takes the Pico Projector age to the next level with an even better and impressive 720p resolution with 1080p support. It has a weight of 1.4kg. Like iCodis CB-100S, iCodis CB 300W comes with built-in Android OS. It uses DPL technology to stream video content. One of the main reasons why iCodis CB 300W is taking the Pico Projectors age to the next level because this smart projector allows access to various apps on Android and Apple phones which takes the functionality factor to the next level as well. It lets you stream videos from YouTube, Airplay, Netflix, YouTube etc. iCodis CB 300W has HDMI port, dual USB port, VGA and additionally it has Android TV. It allows you to connect with any device in the world. You want to stream videos via mobile phones? You want to enhance your gaming experience by connecting your gaming device to a Pico Projector? iCodis CB 300W is the Pico Projector which you are looking for. While comparing iCodis CB 300W to its predecessor, a lot of things have upgraded. Light bulb of iCodis CB 300W comes with 30,000 hrs lifespan. Unlike its predecessor, battery in iCodis CB 300W has been removed to make it more compact. As mentioned above, the 1080p support gives you a chance to watch videos in good quality. If HD playback was not enough, iCodis CB 300W allows 3D playback as well. Keystone function offered by iCodis CB 300W lets you adjust screen orientation and size swiftly.
iCodis CB-400 Review
iCodis CB-400 is powered with a battery of 10,000mAh which offers 3 plus hours playtime. iCodis CB-400 is a smart projector which comes with built-in Android OS. iCodis CB-400 allows you access to various apps on Android and Apple phones. You can stream video content via YouTube, Miracast, Airplay, Netflix and other streaming apps. It offers HD playback with an amazing brightness level of 3000 ISO/500 ANSI lumens. It delivers video content with crystal clear image, in a quality which would make you fall in love with it. iCodis CB-400 weights 1.3 pounds and has contrast ratio of 10,000:1. It has various ports which helps you connect iCodis CB-400 with any device available in vicinity, these ports include: HDMI port, Dual USB port, VGA as well as Android TV which enhances the connectivity of iCodis CB-400. Mobile phones, Laptops, Gaming PCs, Memory Devices, you don’t need to look any further ahead. iCodis CB-400 will connect with everything you have and save you from any hardships which you would have encountered with any other Pico Projectors. iCodis CB-400 uses DPL technology to stream video content. Keystone Correction, a feature which runs in veins of iCodis Pico Projectors is retained in iCodis CB-400 as well. iCodis CB-400 lets you install third party applications indicating that you have full control over your iCodis CB-400. You can have any application you want to have in your projector without any objections.
iCodis G1 Review
It is one of the most lightweight and portable Pico Projectors available in the market, weighing only 200 grams. iCodis G1 Mobile Projector uses DLP technology and has a mesmerizing brightness level of 100 ANSI Lumens. It has an impressive native resolution of 854*480 and 1920*1080p support. Moreover, 30,000 hours lifespan of LEDs, as well as projection display size of 120 inches, are icing on the cake. iCodis G1 Mobile Projector comes with HDMI port which allows iCodis G1 Mobile Projector to connect with a Smartphone, a USB port, and a TF card. It also has wireless display capability support. It further supports streaming via Miracast and Airplay. Additionally, it consists of a built-in rechargeable large capacity 3,000 mAh battery. iCodis G1 Mobile Projector offers high-quality output which is bound to make everyone fall in love with it. The contrast ratio of iCodis G1 Mobile Projector is 1000:1-2000:1 whereas the projection ratio is 1:19. iCodis G1 Mobile Projector comes with a warranty of 12 months. Additionally, replacement and full refund is available to customers within 30 days of purchase. Great feature locked inside a small sized lightweight mini projector which gives 100 percent satisfaction: all these statements define only one Pico Projector, iCodis G1 Mobile Projector.
iCodis G5 Review
Lightweight. High portability. iCodis G5 Mini Projector offers you everything you need. It is of a mere 200 grams which gives it the lightweight tag. iCodis G5 Mini Projector is one projector you can carry everywhere you go. It has high portability because of its lightweight making it one of the most popular Pico Projectors in the market. iCodis G5 Mini Projector uses DLP technology using OSRAM, three colored RGB light source. It has a native resolution of 854*400 and 1920*1080p support promising HD playback which will never ever degrade the quality of video and satisfy you every time you project any content. It has a brightness level of 100 ANSI Lumens. A 20,000 hour LED lifespan and projection display size of 120 inches. It has a large rechargeable battery of 2,500 mAh capacity which can last up to 120 minutes. One of the unique features of iCodis G5 Mini Projector is that it can also act like a powerbank with 5V output which can charge your phone. This feature increases the functionality of iCodis G5 Mini Projector. It has one HDMI port, two USB ports, one Micro-SD port, one AV/Video port, 3.5mm Stereo/Audio out port and one mini-USB port for providing charging supply. It also offers 12 months warranty and free refund or replacement to customers with the full 12 month warranty period.
After looking through the best Pico Projectors, we are left with the question,” Which one of these Pico Projectors is better for you?” Well, the verdict is yours to decide. Pick up any of these five which suits your needs the best and buy it as soon as possible. You won’t find any Pico Projectors with such features at reasonable price anywhere else. Don’t let the chance slip, act well and appreciate the ‘The Era of Pico Projectors.’