Projectors have always been one of the most important devices.Technology has advanced and has revolutionized every field of science. From projecting movies in theaters to making your home turn into a theater to present important office presentations, projectors have been on the list of daily to use devices of every person. Nowadays people don’t need to carry large sized projectors anymore.
What is Pico Projector?
Pico Projector is a hardware device of size as small as a mobile phone used to project content from a mobile phone, tablet, camera, laptop or any memory device. Their size gives everyone an option to carry a projector in their pocket wherever they go. Pico Projector has gained a huge value in the market. They were designed to erase the myth of the tale which states messy cables, large box are two terms which never leave projectors aside. A pocket sized mini projector projecting content on the go and eliminating the rough idea of messy cables and large box thrilled the market and garnered huge popularity.
iCodis best Pico Projectors
You want to practice for your presentation and feel the tense atmosphere which you feel in those important meetings? You want to watch a movie with your friends at your own home without going to theaters? Do you want to watch a cricket match on big screen sitting on your couch? You don’t need to look any further ahead. You don’t need to carry a projector in your hand everywhere you go. You don’t need to fit in a projector in your house and take away any valuable space off the roof. All you need to do is to buy a Pico Projector.
- Native Resolution: WVGA Native
- Support Resolution: Maximum 1080p
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Throw Ratio: 1.4:1
- Brightness: 2000 Lumens
- Projection Size: 20” – 120”
- Display Technology: 0.2″ WVGA DLP
- Keystone Correction: Auto Keystone Correction
- Product Size: 17.0×10.5×2.8 cm
- Ports: USB/HDMI/TF/Earphone
- Battery: 4,200mAh
Please allow 3-5 business days for shipping
Product Guarantee: Full refund within 30 days of purchase, 1-year warranty
Uses of Pico Projectors
- At home:To watch a movie or a family video on big screen together with family or friends. You can embed Pico Projectors with cameras to project family videos and enjoy the occasion or buy a movie and project it on a flat surface. A fun night is never far away when you have a Pico Projector in your pocket.
- Meetings:To project presentations, videos etc. For a regular office guy, presentations are always on their daily work schedule. They have to present ppts regularly, explain their marketing strategies and a Pico Projector would eliminate the space needed and make it more flexible to present these presentations.
- Portability:As portable media devices. Regular projectors require large space. There comes a point when you think of them as large boxes taking out your valuable space. Moreover, you are supposed to attach cables to these regular projectors making your experience worse – but now, you need not worry about messy cables or large boxes. Pocket sized dynamite eliminates all the unnecessary myths of regular projectors.
- Improving functionality:Attaching Pico Projectors to other electronic devices to enhance their functionality. For example, Pico Projectors are embedded with mobile phones or cameras or notebooks or memory devices to project videos enhancing functionality of these electronic devices. A big screen visual is always applauded.
- For Gaming:Pico Projectors can be used to enhance gaming experience. To understand importance of this use, you should consult a gamer. Playing NFS or Counter Strike on a big screen is dream come true. The experience in unreal; it’s like you can actually feel the action. You need not just play the game; you live in the game and feel the thrill. Pico Projectors guarantee you a thrill ride.
- Gesture Control:Pico Projectors when combined with webcams and laser pointers become a gesture control tool. You would be able to fully control any system using laser pointers by doing so. Moreover, there have been devices like SixthSense which have been developed to enhance hand gesture recognition.
- Projector Phones:You embed a Pico Projector with a mobile phone and then project a video or an image. However, technology is all about making life easier. What would happen if you could make a projector phone which directly projects a video or an image without need of an external Pico Projector? Projector phones allow to project photos and videos on flat surfaces increasing the reach of people who can view it.
Types of Pico Projectors
- Non-Embedded/Standalone Pico Projectors:This type of Pico Projectors stream a video on big screen with the use of any cable attached to it which streams the video signal aiding Pico Projector to project the display. In this case, Pico Projectors are connected to other devices using a USB or HDMI or any other cable. They are usually powered with batteries.
- Embedded Pico Projectors:In some cases, Pico Projectors are not used as Standalone Pico Projectors; they are embedded in an electronic device to increase the functionality of that device. They derive the power and required input to project an image or video. Most commonly used electronic devices are Mobile phones, laptops etc.
- Media Player:Pico Projectors which have inbuilt memory and card slots for external memory come under this category. This helps people to project videos and images using this memory scrapping off the need of an external system. This enhances the portability of Pico Projectors to a new level.
- USB Projector:There are some Pico Projectors which are connected to external systems via a USB cable to gain both power and input from it. This helps in increasing the portability of Pico Projectors and functionality of the device. As power is gained with the aid of external systems, this type of Pico Projectors do not have in-built battery in them. This is the reason why they are the smallest types of Pico Projectors. Lack of battery makes it small and increases its portability.
Technology used in Pico Projectors
Three major technologies used in developing and producing Pico Projectors are:
- Digital Light Processing (DLP):DPL uses white light source and filtering techniques to project content. DPL was brought into light by Texas Instruments. Tiny mirrors are used on chips to direct light from white light source. These mirrors handle the brightness level of each pixel on the target screen. The brightness level depends on how much long it’s on. These mirrors have two states: on and off, target pixel gets brighter and dimmer accordingly. These mirrors also control the colors of the pixel; this is achieved by using a color wheel. This color wheel is fixed between lights source and the mirrors. It splits the light into three colors: Red, Green and Blue which ultimately results in these mirrors controlling the color which needs to projected on the designated pixel.
- Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS):Small LCDs are used in LCoS projectors to control how much light is casted upon a certain pixel. Color Filter (CF-LCoS) and Field Sequential Color (FSC-LCoS) are two of the basic designs used to get color. Color Filter (CF-LCoS) uses 3 sub-pixels each with its own primary color to get color on the target pixel whereas Field Sequential Color (FSC-LCoS) uses color filter to split the image. The image is split for three main colors sequentially and faster LCDs are used to refresh it periodically for each color. Like DPL, white light source (Diffused laser or LED) is used to project content.
- Laser Beam Steering (LBS):Unlike DLP and LCoS, LBS projects used directed laser beams to project content. LBS projectors were developed by Microvision. Initially, three laser beams of different colors (RGB) are combined with the aid of optics and are guided using mirrors to project content. These laser beams create the image, one pixel at a time. Scanning the image at a faster rate (>60Hz) would help in getting rid of scanline effect. LBS projectors have their pros and cons compared to DLP and LCoS projectors. While LBS projectors are more expensive and would raise questions over eye-safety issues, LBS projectors consume less power, they are focus free and small sized compared to DLP and LCoS.
Pico Projector, despite being so useful they have hefty price attached with them. To curb your needs at a fair price, iCodis offers you wide range of Pico Projectors. However, it is in everyone’s nature to list out all the products they want to buy and know more about them. iCodis was formed to make customers get what they at a fair price. We always try to offer you the best deals. Our aim is to make you happy, which is why we have listed five of the best products. Watch the features and decide which Pico Projector will be best suited for you.